Meet Dr. Curtis Imel
“Orthodontics has been very fulfilling professionally, not only in the results that we see daily, but also the relationships that are developed and maintained over time.” – Dr. Imel, Peru, IL Orthodontist
For more than 25 years, Dr. Curtis Imel has focused on giving his patients high-quality orthodontic care with superior aesthetic results. He appreciates the positive effect that braces and orthodontic treatment can have on his patients’ lives, and feels fortunate to have the ability to help people improve their appearance and outlook on life.
Dr. Imel enjoys all aspects of orthodontics, from research and continuing education, to working with people of all ages and getting to be part of such a life-changing experience.
Education & Continuing Education
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Illinois, College of Dentistry
- Dr. Imel served as a general dentist in the United States Army for 3 years at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Received the United States Army Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service as Chief of Restorative Dentistry
- Orthodontic specialty training – Loyola University
Dr. Imel is dedicated to providing the best orthodontic care for his patients. His commitment to continuing education makes it all possible. He participates in numerous continuing education courses, including American Association of Orthodontists and Illinois Society of Orthodontists meetings, and has attended the Kois Center for advanced dental education.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Orthodontists
Outside His Peru, IL Orthodontics Office
A native of Earlville, IL, Dr. Imel has made Ottawa, IL his home since 1982. He and his wife Donna have seven children, five of whom are adopted. Dr. Imel’s free time is focused on his family: he spends as much time with them as possible. He enjoys fishing and playing golf, and is active in church and school activities.